A Historical Document:

Monday, April 30, 2007

For the projector

For a SLIGHTLY better view
It occurred to me last night that I've got some movies/interactive applications that might be useful for the show. Over the last year I've been making auto-trash-collage movies (I'm writing programs to move images of trash around based on my drawings). Anyway, I've got a bunch of pigeon trash movies and have been working with automated flocking algorithms to produce real-time, decision making pigeon flocks. They'd probably fit pretty well with the shanty-town, city feel if we've got a projector. Unfortunately, they're made for large screen projection, so they're not too terribly pretty small and online, but I'm attaching a scaled down version of what I'm talking about. I've also got lots of other city-type animations of people, cars, umbrellas, etc, but the pigeons are probably the best fit.

Please keep in mind what you see online is just a movie. The actual pigeons have a mind of their own and, provided the appropriate input (which is probably impossible given the conditions of the show) would be able to interact with an audience. But, even as a movie it might work.

That's genuine trash, by the way.

Please let me know if you're interested.

ALSO: someone gave me what they think is a broken digital projector. If anyone knows about digital projectors (and has a bulb we could try in it) I'd be happy to use it in the show. Email: matt.stults@gmail.com

1 comment:

Sweet Pickles said...

i think the movie could be pretty interesting projected into/over/onto shantytown somehow. really intriguing stuff matt.